Michael W. Ryan on Thu, 17 Feb 2000 16:35:07 -0500 (EST)

Re: [PLUG] Microsoft's statement about Solaris-based Hotmail (old)

My apologies for the response.  It's mostly a matter the straw breaking
the camel's back.  The level of Microsoft sniping has risen lately.  I'd
really like to see this stop for two reasons.

First, it doesn't lend us any credibility.  Just like Linux supporters
claim that FUD doesn't do anything to lend MS credibility, MS bashing
doesn't do anything positive for us in the larger view.

Second, some of us actually work in the Microsoft environment.  And,
frankly, I find the pity expressed over that and the abject MS bashing (as
opposed to knowledgable comparisons) that occurs here rather insulting.

On an additional note, I'd like to revoice a request made in the past that
if you post a URL to state what your point is.  It would definitely go a
long way to avoiding misunderstandings.

Michael W. Ryan, MCP, MCT     | OTAKON 2000
mryan@netaxs.com              | Convention of Otaku Generation
http://www.netaxs.com/~mryan/ | http://www.otakon.com/

PGP fingerprint: 7B E5 75 7F 24 EE 19 35  A5 DF C3 45 27 B5 DB DF
PGP public key available by fingering mryan@unix.netaxs.com (use -l opt)