Greg Lopp on Fri, 18 Feb 2000 13:41:15 -0500 (EST)

Re: [PLUG] RAID

"Vettese, Nick A" wrote:

> I was wondering if Linux supports Hardware RAID in Kernel 2.2 or 2.3?  If
> not will it be available in 2.4?  we have an HP Netserver LPr and are
> controller.  Sorry, I am not aware of the controller right now (It is
> standard on the LPr).  Any input would be great.

I just spent some time looking around HP's site.  I would guess that your
problem relates to the "HP TopTools" HW/SW that you have.  They(TopTools)
look like proprietary HW that monitors and configs the server through a
standard browser interface.  In other words, it is only halfway open......

HP currently only offers drivers for DOS, NT, SCO, Novell, OS/2 and
Unixware.  To repeat : your problem isn't RAID - its HP.

That being said, I did a GOOGLE search which turned up "My HP Netserver's
SCSI controller is not detected!" in a FreeBSD FAQ.
(http://www.google.com/search?q=cache:freebsd-faq.tech-nic.dk/FAQ65.html)
Maybe it will help....