Bill Jonas on Sat, 19 Feb 2000 13:47:36 -0500 (EST)

Re: [PLUG] Microsoft Harangue

Permit me to diagree with you...

On Fri, 18 Feb 2000, secher wrote:

>Folks, I'm really getting tired of this ongoing debate.  It's reached a
>point where I'm simply deleting the email without reading it, thus
>relegating PLUG mail to the same level of spam.

Procmail is a wonderful thing.  ;)

>To make a long story short, it's not Linux related,

This is where I disagree.  What I've seen so far is a meaningful
exchange about where Linux is and how it stacks up to other operating
systems (which necessarily, by definition of the word "comparison",
necessitates some discussion of those other OSs).  I figured when I made
the original post that it was one of those one-off messages that get
discarded (and from your tone, I'll bet that's what you wish it was ;),
but instead it evolved into an intelligent, cool-headed debate of the
relative merits of each.  What's wrong with that?

>and this is not a M$ list.

Agreed.  ;)

I suspect that we are in violent agreement as to what our objective is
on this list, ie, have a discussion about Linux (and possibly related
issues?) with other Linux users in the Philadelphia area, but that we
disagree on what that means, exactly.

Bill
--
"Notice how altering $one in fact altered each element of @a.
This is a feature, not a bug."  -Schwartz & Christiansen,