fourje on Sat, 19 Feb 2000 19:54:53 -0500 (EST)

Re: [PLUG] Microsoft Harangue

Bill Jonas wrote:

> Permit me to diagree with you...
>
> On Fri, 18 Feb 2000, secher wrote:
>
> >Folks, I'm really getting tired of this ongoing debate.  It's reached a
<SNIP>

> Procmail is a wonderful thing.  ;)

<SNIP>
This is usually a comment that one can bit-bucket any mail you're not
interested in.  Hoever, for procmail to be effective, the mail first has
to be retrieved from  the server - which, over a dialup line (not all of
us access the 'net from the work or college intranet connection) is,
from my perspective an absolute waste of bandwidth - very much like
spam.  So what we have here is a recommendation that we should treat a
significant portion of the recent postings as spam.
Hmmm.
Dave E.