John Graham on Tue, 22 Feb 2000 08:18:43 -0500 (EST)

RE: [PLUG] RH install, problem creating partitions

I ended up returning that Maxtor drive I was having a problem with to
CompUsa. I'm now using a Quantum drive and my problem appears to be solved.

Thanks again.

-----Original Message-----
From: Bob Suchowierski [mailto:rsuchowi@nimbus.ocis.temple.edu]
Sent: Sunday, February 20, 2000 10:24 AM
To: plug@lists.nothinbut.net
Subject: Re: [PLUG] RH install, problem creating partitions

I have seen this error trying to do a custom installation across 2 drives
with
RH6.1

Are you using the disk druid partitioning software (which IMHO is a piece of
garbage)?  If so, this could be the source of your problem.  Disk Druid not
appear to allow you to set up primary/extended partitions like fdisk allowed
you to.

Bob