Christian Betz on Thu, 24 Feb 2000 22:39:23 -0500 (EST)

[PLUG] permissions on mounted filesystems

I usually use my computer as the normal user shux. By default my vfat
partition is mounted on /mnt/shux (on startup). However I would like to
give all users (specifically shux) read and write access. I was looking
around the man pages but I honestly can't say I understand how to set the
options so all users have read/write capability. How can I do this?

Specifically I want to mount this vfat hard drive, which contains mp3's,
and serve them through samba. However machines which access the share
don't hae read and write access because of the original problem described
above.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.