Michael C. Toren on Sun, 5 Mar 2000 16:27:39 -0500 (EST)

Re: [PLUG] socf: questions

> BTW, everybody, if I'm setting up a development environment on my box
> and using one of the RFC-compliant private IPs (10.x.x.x or equivalent),
> would I put this in /etc/hosts, or somewhere else?  Does the Virtual
> Services HOWTO cover this?

It depends what you're trying to accomplish.  If you're planning on
setting up a number of machines on your test.net, it's probably better
to have them all look at a single nameserver, rather than maintaining N
copies of the /etc/hosts file.

> One of the things that I am disliking more and more about Lynx is the
> inability to view the URL of the page I am currently on.  Is there any
> way to show the URL of the current page or where a given link points to?

It's been a while since I've used lynx extensively, but I believe it
will tell you where a link points to if you're "Advanced" mode.  I don't
remember offhand if there's an easy way for it to tell you the URL of the
page you're currently viewing, though.

-mct