Darxus on Wed, 8 Mar 2000 01:05:15 -0500 (EST)

Re: Virtual services and IP aliasing (was Re: [PLUG] socf: questions)

On Sun, 5 Mar 2000, Bill Jonas wrote:

> CIA reports from Mar 5 indicate Gregory T. Weber may or may not have said:
>
> >Many folks I know use pico as a simple text based editor.  Came with my
> >Redhat 6.1.
>
> It's actually Pine's own editor, if I'm not mistaken.  For simplicity to

Yes, pico is in the pine .deb package, which I think is not in the Debian
archive due to odd licensing.

Pico also happens to be the editor I use the most, as I have not yet taken
the time to climb up the learning curve of vi or emacs.  I'm functional in
vi, but haven't touched emacs.

> One of the things that I am disliking more and more about Lynx is the
> inability to view the URL of the page I am currently on.  Is there any
> way to show the URL of the current page or where a given link points to?

in ~/.lynxrc :

# user_mode specifies the users level of knowledge with Lynx.
# The default is NOVICE which displays two extra lines of help at the
# bottom of the screen to aid the user in learning the basic Lynx
# commands.  Set user_mode to INTERMEDIATE to turn off the extra info.
# Use ADVANCED to see the URL of the currently selected link at the
# bottom of the screen
user_mode=ADVANCED

Yes, without it, it's madening.

On Sun, 5 Mar 2000, Bill Jonas wrote:

> Thanks, I'll poke around in it.  (I use it 'cause it's kind of a pain in
> the ass to start X after I've logged into one VC to dial, another to ssh
> in to read my mail and then need to look something up on the web.  Then
> start X and save the URL to a temp file, CTRL-ALT-Fx to Yet Another VC,
> login, display the file, and use GPM to copy the text into the email I'm
> composing.  Whew!)

# grep -i vga /etc/lilo.conf
vga=0xa

(textmode 132x60)

# grep getty /etc/inittab | grep -v \#
1:2345:respawn:/sbin/getty 38400 tty1
2:23:respawn:/sbin/getty 38400 tty2
3:23:respawn:/sbin/getty 38400 tty3
4:23:respawn:/sbin/getty 38400 tty4
5:23:respawn:/sbin/getty 38400 tty5
6:23:respawn:/sbin/getty 38400 tty6
8:23:respawn:/sbin/getty 38400 tty8
9:23:respawn:/sbin/getty 38400 tty9
13:23:respawn:/sbin/getty 38400 tty13
14:23:respawn:/sbin/getty 38400 tty14
15:23:respawn:/sbin/getty 38400 tty15
16:23:respawn:/sbin/getty 38400 tty16
17:23:respawn:/sbin/getty 38400 tty17
18:23:respawn:/sbin/getty 38400 tty18
19:23:respawn:/sbin/getty 38400 tty19
20:23:respawn:/sbin/getty 38400 tty20
21:23:respawn:/sbin/getty 38400 tty21
22:23:respawn:/sbin/getty 38400 tty22
23:23:respawn:/sbin/getty 38400 tty23
24:23:respawn:/sbin/getty 38400 tty24

# grep tty /etc/init.d/local /etc/syslog.conf
/etc/init.d/local:/bin/su - gimps -c "/home/gimps/mprime -d -w/mnt/c/gimps" > /dev/tty11 2>&1 &
/etc/syslog.conf:# send everything to /dev/tty12
/etc/syslog.conf:*.* /dev/tty12

(I know your pain)