Vettese, Nick A on Thu, 16 Mar 2000 16:14:35 -0500 (EST)

[PLUG] Linux boots from floopy

I am installing Red Hat Linux 6.1 on an HP Netserver Lpr Dual 550 PIII, 1Gig
of Ram, 9 gig local SCSI, and 2 18Gig drives mirrored on a Raid array.  the
problem starts after we reboot from installation.  Linux starts looking at
the floppy for booting.  We turned off boot disk, and specifically told
Linux to start from the first partition, not the MBR.  The other problem is
that it sees the RAID array as sda, and the local disk as sdb.  This is also
confusing because no matter how we try to configure it to go to the local
SCSI drive.  I hope that I gave you enough info.  If I didn't, then email me
and I will do my best to explain.  Just to refresh.  Load Linux on the local
9Gig SCSI w/ /usr/home on the 2 18Gig mirrored SCSI drives on the RAID
array.
Thanks,
nick