Kevin Brosius on Tue, 21 Mar 2000 09:40:20 -0500 (EST)

Re: [PLUG] rescue disks on cd

> >the Bootdisk-HOWTO out there which I, admittedly, only gave a quick once
> >over. It seems, understandbly, mostly floppy boot disk centered. How
> >different would the process be when you s/floppy/cd/?
>
> I recall discussion on another list sometime ago that a Silicon Valley
> company has a "bootable business card"...  Just a credit-card-sized (and
> shaped) CD that you can carry in your wallet and boot Linux off
> of.  Because of the medium, though, and it's size, it only holds about
> 30 megs.  More than enough for a reasonable rescue disc.
>
> However, I can't recall what the company name was.
>
> Bill

Where else but Slashdot?  They talked about the 'bootable business card'
cd/rescue disk.  Sounds kind of cool.  The business cards are only
available at trade shows as far as I can tell, but they make an ISO
image available so you can burn it onto whatever you want.

http://www.linuxcare.com/bootable_cd/

--
Kevin Brosius