John Graham on Tue, 28 Mar 2000 09:41:31 -0500 (EST)

RE: [PLUG] BA DSL

I went from BA to DCANet on the 6th hoping to take advantage of a static IP
address. I was never able to connect to DCANet because of some bridging
problems at BA.  So I decided to cancel with DCANet go back to BA. BA told
me service would be restored on the 16th.  The 16th came and I still didn't
have service. I had been off and on the phone with tech support for a week
trying to get the issue resolved and it sucks when you have to wait until
you get home at night, by then half the staff is gone home and you're on
hold for hours talking to level 1 support.  The saga continued for another
week, last night I was told that DCANet had called on the 20th and cancelled
my service, after I had placed my order to get reconnected.  I guess they
(DCANet)got caught up on their paper work.  Now I'm without service again. I
had to place a new order with BA and was told that service won't be restored
until April 18th.  They credited my account for the down time, which has
been the only positive thing I got from this whole experience.  When my BA
DSL was up and running in February I had no problems at all, I was able to
use PPPOE with Linux and all was well, my desire of having a static address
was my downfall.