LeRoy Cressy on Mon, 3 Apr 2000 08:13:47 -0400 (EDT)

Re: [PLUG] reinstall debian

First of all I like to compile into the kernel the hardware that is
installed on the system.  At the present I assume that you are using the
default Debian kernel which has all of the nics compiled as modules
which causes you to write a boot script that will load the appropriate
nic modules on boot.  Also if both nics are the same make or use the
same module you have to configure the system and specify which is eth0
and which is eth1 in your /etc/lilo.conf file.  (Read section 3.2 of
/usr/share/doc/HOWTO/en-txt/Ethernet-HOWTO.txt.gz using zless