Darxus on Wed, 19 Apr 2000 21:53:24 -0400 (EDT)

[PLUG] ident / socks5

internet<->firewall<->socks5 proxy<->windows box w/ mirc

When I try to connect to an IRC server w/ mirc, the socks5 proxy (redhat
linux) answers the ident request.  And since the outgoing connection to
the irc server is coming from the socks5 proxy, which is run by root, it
says that I'm connecting to IRC as root.  This is bad, because the IRC
server I want to connect to has k-lined root@*.

I could install an ident daemon that is capable of lieing (saying that
root is say, darxus).  Is there a better way ?