Thomas E. Keiser on Tue, 2 May 2000 23:19:42 -0400 (EDT)

Re: [PLUG] computers.

If you go to the AMD site, you will see that the Athlon has VERY specific and
strict rules for the case, power supply, and motherboard. If your parts
didn't make the grade, then blame the box builder.

Tom

Flint Heart wrote:

> i lost a computer at the begining of the year.
> and tonight i come home and i hit the power. Nada.
> i switch to a different socket(different surge protector).  *BLAM* sparks
> and that acidic electrical fire smell.  well there goes my athlon
> system.  the mb is toast.  not a clue about anything else.  but i'm not
> expecting much.  looks like i'm going to have to dish out another 800 or
> so.  Anyone got any ways for me to find out what component killed it(i'm
> betting on the PS)  I'm ticked and i wana vent at some company.
>
> Laters
>         N-Tropy

A bus station is where a bus stops.
A train station is where a train stops.