Kurt D. Starsinic on Wed, 3 May 2000 10:45:41 -0400 (EDT)

Re: [PLUG] Elite port

On Tue, May 02, 2000 at 10:30:54AM -0400, Alexander John Batyi wrote:
>   I just ran nmap against a couple of hosts with varying levels
> of Linux installed on a site and found filtered ports for 31337
> on all of them.  I think this is bad (as in not a good thing) right?

    Not unless somebody secretly installed Windows on those
machines.

> Other machines I checked not on this site do not respond to this
> port.  I just recently installed a new version of the OS on
> one machine and it already has this port open (filtered actually).
>
> Anyone see this before?  Maybe you know what process name to look for.

    fakebo.

    You might also try executing the following command:

    lsof | grep 31337

    Peace,
* Kurt Starsinic (kstar@orientation.com) ---------- Senior Network Engineer *
|    `. . . we are clearly living in a period of historical discontinuity   |
|     in which the structures of the past seem to have lost their power     |
|     to determine the future.' -- Pekka Tarjanne, ITU Director-General     |