Barry Roomberg on Sat, 6 May 2000 22:08:19 -0400 (EDT)

[PLUG] Sparc Stuff

Oh great Sparc Linux Gurus, I beseech thee:

I've just come home from the Trenton State Computer Fair.

I've got 4 Sparc 2s, and 1 Sun 3/80.

I've got 2 Frame buffer cards (not installed yet),
2 Sun->10Bt ethernet tranceivers,
2 of the systems came with memory, and I bought
a dozen 4MB 30 pin SIMMs.

No hard disks at this point.

I have 2 sets of Sun keyboards/mice.

I also have 1 19" Sun monitor (I'll have to track down
a Sun cable),

I already had a Wyse PC terminal and a null modem.

Since I can't hook up the monitor yet, I'm trying
to use just a serial terminal.

I assume the 3/80 is a paper weight, right?  No version
of Linux because it's a 68xxx, right?  I go to PROM
diags when I turn it on.

When I power on any of the Sparcs
(with memory installed), it says:

WARNING: Unable to determine keyboard type
*** U0309 ***
PADDS = 0000000000, Expected a5c33c5a, Observed = a5fffffff

Then it sits there.

Could someone point me to a How-To?