Jeff Abrahamson on Mon, 8 May 2000 09:49:50 -0400 (EDT)

Re: [PLUG] pilot-link

On Sun, May 07, 2000 at 06:02:39AM -0400, brian@pardis.sas.upenn.edu wrote:
> so I downloaded gnome-pilot-0.1.51 from
> www.gnome.org/gnome-pilot/download,
> gunzipped, etc., and ran configure, and was told that I have to specify
> host type.  what is my host type?

There's a (partially) easier way, which is to run the Helixcode gnome
installer and get the latest version of stuff. Easy to run, easy to
update. (If you have a good net connection.) See
<http://www.helixcode.com/>. Helixcode is Miguel's company in Boston.

At least you'll know the gnome pilot stuff is set up correctly.

I'm using jpilot, which was pretty easy to get working. But it kinda
sucks on the UI side, so I'll be interested in knowing how well
gnome-pilot works out for you. I haven't had time to play with it.

--
 Jeff Abrahamson
 610/270-4845