John Fiore on Sat, 6 May 2000 18:53:44 -0400 (EDT)

[PLUG] Re: Java book

I'd also like to recommend the Bruce Eckel book "Thinking in Java".  Using
the information found in this book and Sun's online API docs, I was able
to pass Sun's certification exam a couple of summers ago.  I believe that
he's also posted updates on Swing on his website since then.

It's a great book for beginning programmers, and of course being able to
download the entire book for free is a big plus.  If you really like it,
you could always go to the bookstore and shell out the $35 another time.