darxus on Wed, 10 May 2000 09:18:21 -0400 (EDT)

Re: [PLUG] Computer Crime Talk

On Tue, 9 May 2000, Jon Nelson wrote:

> Thanks Will that was a big help!!
>
> Darxus suggested that I tell you guys exactly what I do and that might help the
> discussion.
>
> As Will put so elliquently, Computer Crime and Computer Security are apples and
> oranges.  I have only a limited knowledge of security issues.  A far as what I
> do, it's a little of everything.  I have worked homicide, child porn,
> prostitution, credit card fraud, theft, counterfeiting (software & money),
> cracking...I was planing on talking about PA law and what constitutes a crime,
> what we can offer the private sector, and ways of protecting your children
> online.

I should read all of William's post at some point..

I don't know if you were planning on covering this, but something that
I've wondered for a while is, if I get hacked -- my personal computer, or
our machines at work, what can I do, legally ?