ziggy on Mon, 15 May 2000 22:36:00 -0400 (EDT)

Re: [PLUG] meeting place for next month (6/7/00 / computer crime)

Darxus wrote:
> On Mon, 15 May 2000, Andy Smith wrote:
> > please, plaese do not have this meeting out in the Suburbs.  This is
> > the _Philadelphia_ Linux Users Group, not the Conshohocken Linux Users
> > Group.

Conshohocken isn't Cape May.  It's not *that* far away after all.

> I agree with you.  This, and the increased difficulty in getting to the
> location, are the 2 biggest reasons we did not start regularly holding
> plug meetings at netaxs when it was origanally offered, when we didn't
> have a particularly good place to meet.  I believe we had the offer to use
> the space at Netaxs before we met at that pizza place.
>
> And I don't think we should start meeting at Netaxs regularly now.  But
> the last 2 meetings have been a bit packed, since we moved into a smaller
> meeting place at IQ, and attendance has been increasing.  And I think even
> more people may show up at the next meeting, because of the subject.

I've gotten the sense from the philly perl mongers that some people
_aren't_ attending because it's too inconvenient for people who live
on the main line to come downtown.

Holding the occasional meeting in Conshohocken won't kill PLUG.

Holding the occasional "auxilliary" meeting in Conshohocken won't
kill PLUG, and may actually bring out more main line linux users.

There's enough hostility towards Conshohocken that moving every
meeting to netaxs outright probably won't work.  Ditto for moving
every other meeting in that general direction.

> So.. 1 vote for holding the next meeting at IQ, and nobody else cares?
> That's fine with me.  Anybody else care to express an opinion ?

Yet another vote for IQ from me, but I'm not horribly bothered by
random meetings at netaxs.

Z.