Michael C. Toren on Wed, 17 May 2000 10:32:22 -0400 (EDT)

Re: [PLUG] meeting place for next month, current talley

  • From: "Michael C. Toren" <mct@netaxs.com>
  • To: plug@lists.nothinbut.net
  • Subject: Re: [PLUG] meeting place for next month, current talley
  • Date: Wed, 17 May 2000 10:32:14 -0400

> I've gone through all the posts w/ "meeting place" in the subject (and
> managed not to forget Andy Smith's email directly to me), and it looks
> like IQ 3, Netaxs 5 right now.  For a mailing list with 277 members,
> that's only 2.8% participation.  Feel free to send your opinions to me
> personally if you like.

I would personally like to have the meeting at Lee Park, but I'm obviously
biased.  (I'll be there all day, anyway).

> Mike, did we ever get confermation of reservation of the room at
> Earthstation/Netaxs ?

I've been playing phone tag with the building managers.  One thing I did
find out, though, was that the auditorium use for tenants isn't free as we
thought it was -- there's a $35 fee.  I have gotten authorization from the
Netaxs-management type people, but the real question is how far in advance
payment will be expected, and how close to the event the reservation can be
cancelled (and still expect to get a refund).

Hopefully I'll know more by the end of the business day.

-mct