Tom Joyce on Wed, 17 May 2000 19:01:26 -0400 (EDT)

[PLUG] Can't write to windows side of the disk

Hi,
On my home system I have Linux and Windows on the same drive. It boots with
LILO and works fine.

I can read and grab files from the windows section while using Linux but I
can not write files
to the windows part of the disk. Running Windows, it doesn't even see the
Linux part of the disk.

When I try to send a file to the windows part of the disk, It will say
permission denied. I have tried chmod the permissions, chown etc but nothing
seem to work. I even set the specific folder up to share under windows but
since windows isn't running at the moment I doesn't make a difference.

Anyone know how I can send files to the windows side of the disk or a
utility in windows that will read the Linux side of the disk?

Tom