Joe Laudadio on Wed, 17 May 2000 20:58:17 -0400 (EDT)

Re: [PLUG] Can't write to windows side of the disk

Like someone said already, you'll have to copy files over to the windows
partition as root. You can play with /etc/mtab though so that other users
can write to it. Here's a relevant line from my own /etc/mtab

/dev/hda1 /windows vfat rw,uid=1000,gid=100 0 0

The point of interest is the fourth option. I've specified read/write
permissions on this filesystem as well as specifying who can mount and use
it. uid=1000 is my userid and gid=100 is the group I belong to. So now
when /dev/hda1 gets mounted it has the following permissions

drwxr-xr-x  14 mg       users        4096 Dec 31  1969 windows/

As simple as that, I can write to the windows partition under my normal
userid.

mg