rscudder on Wed, 17 May 2000 21:13:11 -0400 (EDT)

Re: [PLUG] meeting place for next month (6/7/00 / computer crime)

> > Center City is, by definition, centrally located in the city.  It's
almost
> > in Jersey if you're in the suburbs.

> Keep in mind that each suburb tends to be rather inconvenient to get to
> for all the other suburbs.  While Conshohocken is easy for people in the
> Main Line to get to, it's a royal pain in the ass for people in Delaware
> County, and I would imagine that it's no treat for Bucks County.  Never
> mind Jersey.  Keep in mind that in order to get from one suburb to
> another, you tend to either have to go through the city or around it.

I agree with you that the city is naturally central.  You know what tho...
Delaware County has great access to Conshohocken via 476.
That aside I don't know what point the above poster was trying to make.
The PLUG has members that drive in from NJ.  Do they deserve less
consideration
because they are out of state?

> Personally, I don't care.  I'm starting to get rather disheartened with
> the amount of hostility, hatred, and hypocrisy I'm finding in the Linux
> community, and I'm really starting to question how much effort on my part
> it deserves.

I know. When I started using Linux there weren't many users in the area.
This was in 94' and the climate was one of support and learning.  I know
everything has to grow and change, but I long for that quieter, simpler
time.