darxus on Fri, 26 May 2000 10:05:48 -0400 (EDT)

Re: [PLUG] Installfest

On Fri, 26 May 2000, Bill Jonas wrote:

> The installfest sub-thread kind of died a couple days ago.  I'd still
> like to do this, but I don't want to set something up and show up if
> I'll be the only one there.

I feel like I've heard comments that plug doesn't do enough a number of
times.  I think this is pretty high on the list of things that plug aught
to do, I just haven't felt up to attempting to organize it.

I'd be happy to show up with my stuff.

I know when I installed linux the 1st time, I was not alone.  2 good
friends of mine came over w/ a Yggdrasil Linux (yes, that's a
distribution) CD, a cdrom drive, and a cdrom drive controller (yes, that
was necessary back then).  I'd bought a hard drive for the occasion, and
we did horrible things to my stepdad's computer, but in the end, we were
victorious.  Although it took me the next year to get X to
work.  Ugh.  Heh, maybe that's why I'm so fond of the command line.

So I kind of feel like I should pass on the favor, you know ?

Actually, if anybody's loosing their mind & desparate, email me, you could
come over to my house (in northeast philly) & I could try to help you out.

If I ever get my house, specifically my basement, rewired, it might
actually be an appropriate place for installfests.  I dunno.

Hey, how do you say installfest in german ?