Flint Heart on Fri, 26 May 2000 10:32:37 -0400 (EDT)

Re: [PLUG] Installfest

I too would like to help with an installfest.

> I know when I installed linux the 1st time, I was not alone.  2 good
> friends of mine came over w/ a Yggdrasil Linux (yes, that's a
> distribution) CD, a cdrom drive, and a cdrom drive controller (yes, that
> was necessary back then).  I'd bought a hard drive for the occasion, and
> we did horrible things to my stepdad's computer, but in the end, we were
> victorious.  Although it took me the next year to get X to
> work.  Ugh.  Heh, maybe that's why I'm so fond of the command line.

I was alone. it might have been 93. dl'd install floppies I dl'd from a
9600 connection to temple university.

I can Bring some switches and hubs and such stuff.  I'll install debian
and redhat... Those are the only ones i have experience with in recent
times.

Laters
N-Tropy