M. Simons on Fri, 26 May 2000 10:21:18 -0400 (EDT)

Re: [PLUG] Installfest

I had recently been thinking about the concept of Demo Days and the
like...and I was thinking "public library" -- I think, if someone can
check into it, a public library's meeting room might be a good place for a
demoday/installfest/meeting... I dont know about many in the city, but I
would think that the central library, and Northeast regional are two
suitable candidates..

to give you some insight into my thought process... demodays have to be
stop-in-able or walk-by-able... the concept is to get people to come to it
because they heard about it vaguely, or to just walk by and say "oh, what
is this? I heard about that... and I am interested enough to stick
around..." problem is with most demo days, it is hard to come up with a
location to do it in that would be suitable.. because you want to get the
attention of the general (at least computer interested) public... and get
that from someone who wouldn't just drop by a regular LUG meeting.