Nicolai Rosen on Sun, 28 May 2000 20:57:55 -0400 (EDT)

Re: [PLUG] NEWBIE INSTALL QUESTIONS

You probably already have ppp on your system, so you want to configure
ppp. You could use wvdial instead if you want to just get on quick, or if
you want to set it up properly, look at
http://www.netaxs.com/~cjf/linux.html

On Sun, 28 May 2000, Jim McCoy wrote:
> What would be the simplest distribution to install?
> That is which distribution would you recommend to a typical windows user
> who's only
> experience is with installing off the shelf software and probably knows
> nothing about
> hardware.
>
> Also, I have RedHat 6.0 on one system and I want to install PPP.
> The Linux book that I have is horrible and I'm not really learning anything
> from it.
> Is there some easy to follow instructions some where?
>

> Thanks.
>
> Jim Mc Coy

Nicolai Rosen
nick@netaxs.com
Earthstation/Netaxs
http://laktar.dyndns.org/
http://www.netaxs.com/~nick/

trust and you will be trusted
said the liar to the fool
	-Unsuccessfully Coping with the Natural Beauty of Infidelity, Type O Negative