Bill Jonas on Tue, 6 Jun 2000 06:45:37 -0400 (EDT)

Re: [PLUG] Linux-friendly DSL

On Mon, 5 Jun 2000 beldon@scamail.com wrote:

>They have a free installation/one month free deal until June 30 (it was
>extended from May 31).  The details are at
>http://www.scainternet.net/home/dsl.html.

I don't mean to sound overly critical of them or you, but I couldn't
find any technical details on that page (other than speeds and type of
DSL).  So what kind of protocols do they use?  Is it straight Ethernet
or that horrible PPPoE?  That kind of thing.  What I'm looking for is a
page similar to http://www.telocity.com/ne/power/index.htm; I want to be
able to get the info without giving them contact info.  :)

Also, I think you addressed this before, but they don't appear to have a
presence in this area -- how do they provide service for someplace they
aren't?

Thanks,
Bill
--
>Ever heard of .cshrc?             | "Linux means never having to delete
That's a city in Bosnia. Right?    |  your love mail." -- Don Marti
(Discussion in comp.os.linux.misc  |  http://www.netaxs.com/~bj/
on the intuitiveness of commands.) |  http://www.harrybrowne.org/