Kevin Falcone on Mon, 12 Jun 2000 16:51:29 -0400 (EDT)

Re: [PLUG] Dns

  JBW> I'm a relative newbie and I do have the Dns How to in my hand.
  JBW> Is there anything I should keep me eye on?

Look for information on setting up a "caching" nameserver, which is
basically a nameserver that is authoritative for 127.0.0.1, and maybe
192.168.x.x, but gets everything else form the outside world.

Also, make sure that you are using the most recently available bind,
because there were some remote root exploits about 3 months ago.

If you would like, I can send my /etc/named.conf and /var/named/ files
off list.  Also, the Cricket book from O'Reilly is highly recommended.

-kevin

--
Kevin Falcone <kevinfal@seas.upenn.edu>

Tout choses sont dites deja, mais comme personne n'ecoute, il faut
toujours recommencer.
                -- A. Gide