Jason on Mon, 3 Jul 2000 15:08:49 -0400 (EDT)

Re: [PLUG] Bootp/tftp on Linux

Tftpd is managed by inet.d, enable it by uncommenting it in /etc/inetd.conf and restarting inetd. I think it is installed with other network tools but not enabled by default. Keep in mind that it is a classic security risk. Best to open that port only briefly, when needed.

By default, tftpd reads and writes in /tftpboot. If it fails, check your permissions to make sure tftpd can read and write there. Also tftp can't write to a file unless it already exists.

Jason