Nicolai Rosen on Mon, 10 Jul 2000 19:19:00 -0400 (EDT)

Re: [PLUG] ssh

On Mon, 10 Jul 2000, Michael W. Ryan wrote:
> On Mon, 10 Jul 2000, Nicolai Rosen wrote:
> > >
> > > Would you rather I just decide that you're an idiot and not worth the
> > > bother?
> >
> > Yes, I would rather you decide I'm an idiot (however mistaken you would
> > be) than resort to bigotry. It's the lesser of two evils in my opinion.
> >
> > Although it is somewhat amusing that you consider what I said such a
> > threat that you tried to invalidate it on the basis of age rather than
> > responding to it with something resembling a topical post.
>
> No, I considered it rude and not very well thought out, on its own merits.
> I considered the responder lacking in maturity, not in intelligence, and
> worth the bother of responding to.

Then why did you respond if it wasn't worth the bother of responding
to? It wasn't something that by its nature warranted a response. It had no
questions and the only thing you added to the conversation was the
aforementioned bigotry.

> > Never let anybody tell you you don't have a sense of humor. You lecturing
> > somebody about ethics has me laughing until I cry.
>
> Excuse me?  First, a single question is hardly a "lecture" (unless you
> want to consider it Socratic).  Second, are you accusing me of being
> "unethical"?  Please consider your response carefully.

Yes.

That having been said, that's the last post I'm making on this thread as
it's all rather pointless name calling and merely serving to fill up
people's mailboxen.

Nicolai Rosen, nick@netaxs.com
http://www.netaxs.com/~nick/

If god had intended for people to smoke, he would have lit them on fire.