Kyle Burton on Tue, 11 Jul 2000 08:55:54 -0400 (EDT)

[PLUG] Making prints from a digital camera

I've collected quite a number of digital pictures since I obtained my
digital camera.

I've had some requests from people for actual physical prints (that are like
the kind you get when you develop actual film [4x6]).

Last night I went to the camera shop in KofP and made some prints.  These
turned out to be very nice looking for pictures that were taken at 1600x1200,
and fairly nice for 800x600 pixel shots.  The employees at the camera shop
just had me use the Kodak Image Magic (tm) kiosk -- which accepted floppy
disks (but not an iso9660 cd -- it would only take a kodak picture cd,
which I assume has a special directory structure/file layout).

Anyway, these prints were limiting -- you had to print an 8x10, and it
cost $11.00, which is a bit expensive for a single print IMO.  You could
make multiple prints on a page (1 8x10, 2 4x6 + 1 3x5, 4 3x5s, etc), but
you couldn't put more than 1 different picture on a page.

My question to the list is, where (other than the camera shop) can photo
quality prints be made.  I'm looking for flexibility, and cheapness.

Any and all information/comments will be appriciated.

Thanks,
Kyle

A witty saying proves nothing.
    -- Voltaire