Bill Jonas on Fri, 14 Jul 2000 15:30:40 -0400 (EDT)

Re: [PLUG] procmail filtering this list

On Fri, 14 Jul 2000 darxus@chaosreigns.com wrote:

That, IMO, is one great feature of using Mailman for list delivery.  I
used to have it sorting on something like '* ^TOplug@nothinbut.net' (the
^TO tells procmail anything with that in the To:, Cc:, etc, fields),
which would break if it was sent to plug@lists.nothinbut.net.  Then, a
little later, This is what I put in my ~/.procmail/rc.maillists (which
is called from the mail .procmailrc):

:0:
plug

...and it works just fine for me.  YMMV, but there's no reason why the
one you suggested:

>:0:
>* ^X-BeenThere:.*plug@lists.phillylinux.org
>IN.plug

wouldn't work.  If I'm not mistaken, after the initial '* ', it's all
just regular expressions, no?

Bill
--
>Ever heard of .cshrc?             | "Linux means never having to delete
That's a city in Bosnia. Right?    |  your love mail." -- Don Marti
(Discussion in comp.os.linux.misc  |  http://www.billjonas.com/
on the intuitiveness of commands.) |  http://www.harrybrowne.org/