Steve Creel on Fri, 4 Aug 2000 09:12:25 -0400 (EDT)

Re: [PLUG] Linux Firewalls Talk

On Wed, 2 Aug 2000, Michael W. Ryan wrote:

>firewall will break that aren't covered by the books (I've yet to see a
>book or HOW-TO cover AIM, ICQ, or this stock market app one of the owner's
>uses :).  Basically, there are alot of issues behind setting up a firewall

You may find David Ranch's documentation for TrinityOS helpful -
http://www.ecst.csuchico.edu/~dranch/LINUX/index-linux.html

On Wed, 2 Aug 2000, Leonard Rosenthol wrote:

>       Does that mean that you are also going to cover VPN issues,

I've found that for PPTP, the PoPToP daemon works great.  With debian,
it's the "pptpd" package.  Anyone know of a linux server for IPSec VPNs?

Steve Creel                           Nothin But Net, LLC.
                                      screel@nothinbut.net

"Always do right.  This will gratify some people and
astonish the rest."
		-- Mark Twain