Chris Nagele on Wed, 23 Aug 2000 12:06:08 -0400 (EDT)

RE: [PLUG] Training/Certification Question

I have taken a few Learning tree courses.  They are four day accelerated
classes.  For me they work out great.  They give you alot of material in
four days and then it is up to you to practice it.  Check out
http://www.learningtree.com.

-----Original Message-----
From: plug-admin@lists.phillylinux.org
[mailto:plug-admin@lists.phillylinux.org]On Behalf Of
Robert_Boerner@toyota.com
Sent: Wednesday, August 23, 2000 11:04 AM
To: plug@lists.phillylinux.org
Subject: [PLUG] Training/Certification Question

Hello all,

I have a general question...Has anyone had any experience with the various
training/certification options out there? My employer has given me the go
ahead
to take whatever certification classes and/or tests I want for Linux, but I
was
curious
as to anyones first hand accounts.

I have looked at the different certs, SAIR/GNU, LPI, and RHCE. I was leaning
towards the RHCE because it seems more fully developed than the others
at this point. I also liked the fact that the exam for RHCE not only focuses
on
a regular multiple choice test, but more importantly has two sections which
are
hands on (setting up a machine, and fixing one that is mis-configured).

This seemed to be a much better method of rewarding actual capability than
any of the other certifications tests I have taken.

Any thoughts, opinions, stories, flames are welcome.

Robert Boerner
Toyota Motor Sales USA