Barry Spindler on Mon, 4 Sep 2000 16:18:15 -0400 (EDT)

Re: [PLUG] Linux DSL

DCANet is pretty good.. Note that they are just the ISP tho, to completely
get away from Bell you would also have to switch DSL providers (ie. Covad)
Though somehow or another Ma Bell still seems to mess things up with this,
things like outages don't happen (I've never seen one since I started about
3 months ago) and DCANets customer support is very good.

On Mon, Sep 04, 2000 at 02:35:20PM -0700, Inkdog.com Staff wrote:
> Hello list!
>
> I have had Bellatlantic DSL for some time.  They are complete crap, both in
> terms of the outages and the lack of custumor service.  Can anyone recommond
> to me a Linux friendly ISP in Delware county, that could just come out to my
> house and swtich the loop back to them and NOT Ma Bell.  I think there was a
> gentlemen on here before who said that there was a company in the area that
> can do this, DCA Net or something?  I cannot remember.  :)
>
> Feel free to email me off list
>
> In any case I would like to do this ASAP.  And I assume that I can change
> the MAC address that my IP addy is bound to under a normal ISP?  Thanks all!
>
> Anthony

love, n.:
	When, if asked to choose between your lover
	and happiness, you'd skip happiness in a heartbeat.