Jeff Abrahamson on Mon, 11 Sep 2000 09:35:56 -0400 (EDT)

[PLUG] LAN dies mysteriously

I have a problem that I can't explain well: sometimes my LAN at home
stops working. Each of the five machines on the LAN (3 intel/linux, 2
Macs) appears to be working fine, but no one can ping anyone
else. This happens quite sporadically, but every few weeks, so enough
to be quite annoying.

Powercycling the hub generally fixes the problem. It's a 10/100
auto-switching hub; don't remember the make off hand.

Has anyone any wisdom that might help me? So far my research has
turned up nada. And I didn't think hubs were crashable.

Tia.

--
 Jeff Abrahamson
 610/270-4845