Kevin Brosius on Thu, 14 Sep 2000 11:42:33 -0400 (EDT)

Re: [PLUG] fun with graphviz, perl, apache logs, and the debian-keyring

Darxus@chaosreigns.com wrote:

> On 09/14, Kevin Brosius wrote:
> > Neat...  How about a source code tree showing dependency relationships?
>
> After downloading about 1/6th of the XFree 4 source, I counted about 1500
> source files.  Each file would be a node.  250 is a lot of nodes for my
> workstation (p3 something, 384mb ram), I do not think could handle it the
> XFree source.

Is it a memory issue or a speed issue?  I might try it just to see what
it looks like, plus I've got the X source available already.  But I've
got less memory, 128M, so that might be a problem.

> So I found some smaller source on my drive -- bochs
> (http://www.bochs.com), and graphed that instead.
>
> http://www.chaosreigns.com/code/cinclude2dot/
>
> cinclude2dot.pl - parser
> bochs.dot       - graphviz input generated by parser
> bochs.ps        - graphviz output
> bochs.bmp       - graphviz output converted to an inferior format
>
> ..I was never really into postscript until I started playing with this
> stuff... it is well suited.

Postscript can be neat.  I spent some time reading about and writing
some Postscript code a while back.