Bill Jonas on Thu, 14 Sep 2000 16:23:35 -0400 (EDT)

Re: [PLUG] fun with graphviz, perl, apache logs, and the debian-keyring

On Thu, 14 Sep 2000, Kevin Brosius wrote:

>Is it a memory issue or a speed issue?  I might try it just to see what
>it looks like, plus I've got the X source available already.  But I've
>got less memory, 128M, so that might be a problem.

Well, for comparison, I'm running on an Athlon 600 with 256MB RAM, 128MB
swap.  When I loaded one of Darxus' .ps files with gv under X and KDE
(hey, I'm trying to give as complete a picture as I can), it brought the
system to its knees, and it wouldn't respond to the console for close to
a minute or two (probably).  Oh yeah, and it ate all my free memory and
swap.  :)  This was the .ps file that was created by the program neato,
which Darxus prefers.  Prior to that one, I'd opened a file he created
with dot (I believe these are all in the graphviz package, he told
me); it was much less resource-intensive.

Bill
--
>Ever heard of .cshrc?             | "Linux means never having to delete
That's a city in Bosnia. Right?    |  your love mail." -- Don Marti
(Discussion in comp.os.linux.misc  |  http://www.billjonas.com/
on the intuitiveness of commands.) |  http://www.harrybrowne.org/