Jeff Abrahamson on Thu, 14 Sep 2000 17:03:33 -0400 (EDT)

Re: [PLUG] Looking to buy new dual-processor system

Last week there was some discussion on building/buying powerful
machines on the cheap. Several people gave useful advice.

I would be interested in seeing what specificly people have done. In
other words, I'd love to see some stories that might be
reproducible. ("I bought this component here for this price, this
there for that much, etc.")

Not only can this help for those buying new machines in the near
future, but it gives a good sense of what's possible. I know I've
several times thought I was quite clever only to find out someone was
substantially more clever than I thought possible.

--
 Jeff Abrahamson
 610/270-4845