Stephen Brown on Tue, 26 Sep 2000 17:11:24 -0400 (EDT)

Re: [PLUG] Cable modem in Philly

Comcast @ home works just fine - just don't tell them you have Linux ;)

When they come to install it, just have a victim windows box to install
their software on, then you can take the IP and gateway they assign and
use it in linux.

I got a static IP with mine when I signed up (over a year ago)
and the downtime is about the same as the local DSL (==annoying, but
as good as you would expect for < $100 per month)

Steve

Sandhitsu R Das wrote:

> I need some recommendations on Linux-friendly cable modem providers in the
> Philadelphia area. Any pointers ?

Stephen Brown           Data Clarity, Inc.
steve@dataclarity.net   1-877-496-3527   fax: 801-382-1525