Jason Costomiris on Thu, 28 Sep 2000 17:16:09 -0400 (EDT)

Re: [PLUG] web-based email

On Thu, Sep 28, 2000 at 03:30:31PM -0400, Jeff Abrahamson wrote:
: I want to run a web mail interface on my home machine for access when
: not at home. (Actually, not for me, but forget that part.)
:
: I've been looking at acmemail (cf. freshmeat).

Never used it, no comment...

: Anyone have any experience or suggestions?
:
: Note that I'm *not* talking about wanting an account. I'm talking
: about wanting to set up something on my own machine at home, together
: with my existing httpd, to allow mail access from outside. The license
: must be GPL, BSD, artistic, or other "do what you will" type license.

I've used several, mostly written in either perl or PHP.  IMP seems to be
the most popular thing around, but I find its interface cumbersome, and
it's just too much Javascript for my liking...

My vote's for TWIG.  Small, fast, does what it claims, and doesn't get
in your way doing it.  IMP has some very inconsistent behavior with
regard to handling file attachments..  Check out TWIG:

http://screwdriver.net/twig/

--
Jason Costomiris <><           |  Technologist, geek, human.