Pete Foley on Thu, 28 Sep 2000 21:11:56 -0400 (EDT)

[PLUG] GPG key export to PGP (Windoze) problems.

Hey,

I am having some issues with GPG (v1.0.2 - Linux) and PGP 6.5.8
(Windoze 2000).  Basically what I am trying to do is export my
secret keys that I have on my Linux box and import them into PGP on
my work computer.  However it is not going well.  I can
successfully export the keys and then import them, but when I try
to use PGP at work, my passphrase does not work, so I cannot use
it.  I have seen several things online about this, and have tried
several different exporting methods.  Here are some of the things
that I have tried...

gpg -z 0 --rfc1991 --no-comment --export-secret-keys > sec.key

gpg --export-secret-key --s2k-cipher-algo=CAST5
--s2k-digets-algo=SHA1 --no-comment ID > key.asc

gpg --export-secret-key --s2k-cipher-algo=CAST5 --no-comment
ID > key.asc

gpg --export-secret-key --s2k-cipher-algo CAST5 --s2k-digest-algo
SHA1 --s2k-mode 0 --no-comment ID > key.asc

And probably several others that I cannot think of right now.  Does
anyone see something that I may be doing wrong that would be
causing this problem?  I also plan to post this to the GPG Mailing
list, but I thought that I would give it a shot here first.

Thanks,
-Pete
        Pete Foley       | I LOVE *POINTER MATH++;
  lynchman@speakeasy.org |