John Kirk on Sun, 1 Oct 2000 20:10:22 -0400 (EDT)

Re: [PLUG] SJLUG Anyone? ;)

On Sun, Oct 01, 2000 at 02:37:06AM -0400, la keuf wrote:
>      ...     attempting to start a South Jersey Linux User Group ...
>   ...     I would appreciate any tips/suggestions    ...

  Well, I can tell you that when we started PLUG, there were only a small
number of attendees for quite a while.  Chris has been pretty careful to
always get announcements in to local newsgroups and to some of the other
related organizations.  There's a Penn Linux group, a couple of Debian
groups locally, and a Perl group that meets regularly.  The newsgroup
announcements seemed to help with attendance.  A convenient and actively
cooperative venue helped/helps a lot.  How about a company out there, where
one of the interested parties works?  There's benefits to the company and
to the Linux group.

>     ...    I'd like to know if anyone would be interested in SJLUG   ...

  I could be interested, especially if it'd be easily accessible from the
PATCO high speed line.  The busses take so long, etc., that I'd be less
likely to bother if I had to use those.

>    ...   Other possible meeting locations   ...

  There's a nice coffee house a short walk from the Haddonfield stop on
the PATCO line.  They changed their name recently and I don't remember what
it is now.
                    regards,   -- John Kirk