Jeff Abrahamson on Wed, 11 Oct 2000 12:36:54 -0400 (EDT)

Re: [PLUG] ssh and X forwarding mystery

OK, mystery solved.

In /etc/hosts, I had an entry like

   external_IP	     name

That external IP had changed, so now ssh was trying to do a reverse
lookup on its own IP (or something close to that description) and was
seeing the mangled-looking address that DCA gives customers instead of
the simple name that ssh thought it should be. So it wasn't happy with
the results of the DNS query.

Changed /etc/hosts to reflect the new IP, all works fine now.

-Jeff

--
 Jeff Abrahamson
 610/270-4845