Michael W. Ryan on Fri, 20 Oct 2000 15:01:15 -0400 (EDT)

Re: [PLUG] meeting at the Pennsylvania Convention Center

On Fri, 20 Oct 2000 Darxus@ChaosReigns.com wrote:

> This is not a "free period", it's a trial period.  If we behave, I believe
> we will be able to continue to use it for free indefinately (in exchange
> for a PCC logo & link on our web page).  This is good advertizing for
> them -- we bring in technical people, who see what the PCC can provide,
> who will then (hopefully) provide the PCC with more business.

I would strongly recommend determining and posting exactly what a) they
are providing us for free, b) what other services are available but cost
money, and c) what they expect from us in return.  The Japanese animation
convention that I help run has been running in a convention center for two
years (the Baltimore Convention Center), and it's a very different
environment.  They tend to be much more granular in their services, and
not adverse to suprising you with charges.  You also want to be careful
about inadvertently stumblig into corporate sponsorship.

Michael W. Ryan, MCP, MCT     | OTAKON, Video Operations
mryan@netaxs.com              | Convention of Otaku Generation
http://www.netaxs.com/~mryan/ | http://www.otakon.com/

No, I don't hear voices in my head;
I'm the one that tells the voices in your head what to say.