Andrew White on Fri, 20 Oct 2000 15:11:29 -0400 (EDT)

Re: [PLUG] meeting at the Pennsylvania Convention Center

Hi Michael,

These are good points.

I arranged for the PCCA space with the Convention Center.
The PCCA is a customer of DCANet, and we have a very good
working relationship with PCCA.

PCCA is interested in building a reputation as a convention
center with high-tech capabilities.  As such, and as a favor
to DCANet, PCCA has agreed to offer the meeting space in the
Overlook Cafe for free.  All PCCA has asked for is a link
on the PLUG web page mentioning that PCCA has donated the
space, e.g.

"PLUG meeting space provided
 by <a href=...>the Pennsylvania Convention Center</a>"

I would not be concerned about hidden charges.  We have worked
with PCCA for years, and they are truly offering this meeting
space at no cost to PLUG.  It's a nice space with plenty of
tables and chairs.

I am working on finding out what, if any, computer displays
may be available.  DCANet will be able to provide an SDSL-based
T1 circuit with 8 ethernet ports in the Cafe as well -- at
no charge to PLUG.

-Andrew White