Michael Leone on Tue, 24 Oct 2000 13:20:50 -0400 (EDT)

Re: Re: [PLUG] Visio-like tool?

From: "Eric Allan Lucas" <eric.allan.lucas@mail.com>

> I downloaded the Kivio but am reluctant to install it.
> It appears to be dependent on KDE and I'm running gnome/sawfish.
> I should setup an alternative KDE login so I can run KDE as well but
gnome/sawfish runs _so_good_ I find it hard to justify changing!

Are you running RedHat? I believe RH installs BOTH Gnome and KDE, by
default. So to switch between them, you use the "switchdesk" tool. There's
an icon for it on one of the menus, or just run "switchdesk" from a command
prompt, and choose "KDE".

Next time you start X, you'll see KDE. Run switchdesk again, choosing Gnome,
when you want to go back to your original config.

I do this all the time.

This way, you can check out Kivio (or any other KDE app) easily.