Jeff Abrahamson on Tue, 24 Oct 2000 14:10:22 -0400 (EDT)

Re: FWD: Re: [PLUG] Visio-like tool?

On Tue, Oct 24, 2000 at 12:48:55PM -0400, Bill Jonas wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 24, 2000 at 12:41:45PM -0400, Eric Allan Lucas wrote:
> > I downloaded the Kivio but am reluctant to install it.
> > It appears to be dependent on KDE and I'm running gnome/sawfish.
> > I should setup an alternative KDE login so I can run KDE as well but gnome/sawfish runs _so_good_ I find it hard to justify changing!
>
> Well, I primarily use KDE and GTK applications frequently.  All you need
> are the Qt libraries, if I'm not mistaken.

Yes, for the most part, you can just run KDE apps. There are probably
some exceptions, but the ones I've tried just work as long as the
libraries are available, which they are on Redhat-style installs. No
need to restart your whole desktop unless maybe the app really depends
on interoperating closely with another app.

--
 Jeff